You can help!
Furry Friends counts on the support of our many donors and friends to help rescue and care for approximately 555+ abandoned felines every year.
Each donation makes a real difference in the quality of care we offer and positively impacts the lives of some of the most vulnerable animals in Barrie. The cost of looking after these cats and kittens is high. Food, litter, shelter and care by qualified veterinarians (vaccinations, treatments, spaying/neutering, emergency surgeries) can really add up. Furry Friends is operated completely by volunteers so you can be sure that 100% of your donation goes directly to helping animals in crisis.
It's easy to donate!
There are a number of ways you can choose to support the Furry Friends Animal Shelter (registered charity #882610124). Tax receipts are issued for donations of $10 and over.
1. Simply click on one of the two buttons below to make an online donation OR become a monthly donor as part of our "Furry Friends for Life” team
2. By Mail to: Furry Friends Animal Shelter, 25 Hart Drive, Unit 15, Barrie, Ontario, L4N 5R8 (please make the cheque payable to Furry Friends Animal Shelter Inc).
3. By E-mail: Send an e-mail to Info@furryfriendsbarrie.com and a fundraising volunteer will contact you right away.
4. E-Transfer to email@example.com. Please include your full name and mailing address in the comments so a tax receipt can be sent.
5. Drop by the shelter: Donations can be dropped off during our shelter's open hours, or left at the door outside of these hours - Please note that our shelter is not open for walk-in adoptions, and that all adoptions are completed by appointment only. These hours are for donations and information from our volunteers:
Monday from 10:00am to noon
Tuesday from 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Wednesday from 10:00am to noon and 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Sunday 6:00pm to 8:00pm
If you require a different time please email Info@Furryfriendsbarrie.com
6. Donation Boxes: You can also drop some spare change in one of our Furry Friends donation boxes located at stores and restaurants throughout Barrie.
7. Our Amazon Wish List: Items donated through our Amazon Wish List get delivered right to the cat's front door at our shelter. Check it out here - https://www.amazon.ca/hz/wishlist/ls/3BE8SSWEZPGGW?ref_=wl_share
Other ways you can help...
Donate online and make a gift that will change lives.1. Attend one of our fundraisers
Check out our upcoming events.
2. You could organize a third-party event
Third-party events are fundraisers that benefit Furry Friends. They are coordinated and executed by you or your organization independent from Furry Friends. The fundraisers increase awareness of Furry Friends and help provide life-saving care to animals in need. Ideas could include:
• Hosting a garage sale
• Throwing a party at a local restaurant or bar
• Hosting an annual memorial event for a loved one
• Throwing a dinner party
• Raising funds at school
• Having an event at your office
• Organizing a golf outing or sports tournament
Please contact us with your ideas. We’re excited to work with you!
3. Donate a Vehicle through Donate A Car Canada
We are so very pleased to partner with Donate A Car Canada! When you donate your vehicle, this amazing organization will put your unwanted car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle to great use by either reselling or recycling it depending on its condition, age, and location, and in return Furry Friends will receive a greatly appreciated donation!
Donate A Car Canada handles every step of the donation process to make donating your vehicle as easy peasy as possible. This includes free towing in most areas of Canada, but you can also drop off your vehicle yourself in order to maximize your donation towards Furry Friends. After you have donated your vehicle, you will receive a tax receipt as well!
Click here to go to our Donate A Car Canada donation page!
4. Become a sponsor. We would be pleased to forward you a sponsorship package or speak with your business/organization about potential partnerships.
5. Donate a gift from our Wish List
We really appreciate donations of cat food, litter and cleaning supplies. Donations can be dropped off at our shelter at 25 Hart Drive, Unit 15, Barrie, Ontario (see map). Please contact us to make sure a volunteer is onsite when you drop off your items.
Our Wish List
We currently need these items for our shelter:
Canned paté fish flavored wet for adult cats & kittens
Liquid laundry soap
Garbage bags (Both large black bags and smaller white kitchen bags)
Blue or clear recycling bags
Unscented clumping cat litter
KMR (Kitten milk replacement, powdered or canned)
We also need these items for our med room:
• unscented baby wipes to clean the cats too sick to groom themselves
• cotton balls or pads
We have LOTS of towels and blankets and don't need any more at this moment - Thanks!
6. Canadian Tire money
We also appreciate Canadian Tire money to purchase items on this list. Please place it in the mailbox at the shelter, or drop it into one our donation boxes.